Blew & Associates, PA is an established national Land Surveying and Engineering firm that has been offering land surveying and design services for over 130 years and is seeking Land Surveying Crew Chief’s in multiple locations around the United States. Top candidates will be willing to travel, possess field experience, have dependable track records, and be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Responsible for collecting data to ensure completion of a project:
- Locating boundary, pins, improvements, utilities, etc. while performing project types varying from, but not limited to: ALTA, boundary, construction staking, and topographic surveys.
- Check and reduce raw field data, perform calculations, and download/file survey data.
- Perform project research on an as needed basis.
- Follow instructions/work orders from project managers.
- Communicate daily with your Field Project Manager to confirm if you are on track to
- complete your field schedule- Letting them know when you are behind or ahead of
- Physical Work Environment/Demands:
- Ability to safely traverse and navigate rugged terrain in remote areas.
- Ability to regularly work outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat
- and cold, wet, and muddy conditions, and high/precarious places.
- Ability to transport heavy equipment to various job sites (regularly lifting/moving up to 25 pounds, frequently lifting/moving up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lifting/moving up to 100 pounds)
- Ability to travel frequently travel regionally and occasionally nationally.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, as needed.
- High School diploma or GED with a Minimum of 3 years of field surveying experience
- Valid driver license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to read blueprints, plats, maps, site plans, deeds, legal documents, and field notes.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Robotic and GPS equipment using Carlson software / Topcon/Sokkia Family Equipment
- Maintain and adhere to QA/QC procedures/note taking and maintaining office and field project material.
- Proficient with IDOT Standards/ Code lists and survey requirements.
BLEW & ASSOCIATES BENEFITS:
- 401(k) matching program: Blew & Associates Company Match 100% of your deferrals up to 3% of your compensation; plus 50% of your deferrals over 3% but that do not ex- ceed 5% of your compensation.
- Blew & Associates pays 100% of Employee’s Health benefits- Medical, Dental & Vision (with optional family / dependent enrollment paid by employee at group rate)
- Per Diem for any overnight stay. •
- Holiday Pay & Sick Pay.
- Paid Vacation.
- Overtime incentives and bonuses based on performance